The Great Disappearance!
The Bible talks of two events during the second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The first event to take place is the one we find in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. God has revealed this event to many of His children. I pray that He will continue to reveal this event to many more of His children in these last days. In the book by Thomas Choo, God has revealed the first event called Rapture. In 1 Thess. 4:13-18, we read as follows:
- But I do not want you to be ignorant, brothers and sisters concerning those who have fallen asleep, who have died, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. We don’t want you to be sad like other people – those who have no hope. 14. We believe that Jesus died, but we also believe that He rose again. So we believe that God will raise to life through Jesus any who have died and bring them together with Him when he comes.
- What we tell you now is the Lord’s own message. Those of us who are still living when the Lord comes again will join Him, but not before those who have already died. 16. The Lord Himself will come down from heaven with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. And the people who have died and were in Christ will rise first. 17. After that we who are still alive at that time will be gathered up with those who have died. We will be taken up in the clouds and meet the Lord in the air. And we will be with the Lord forever. 18. So encourage each other with these words.
We also find this event activity in 1 Corinthians 15:51-52. Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall be changed- 52. In a moment: in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised to live forever, and we shall be changed. 53. Our dead and decaying bodies will be changed into bodies that won’t die or decay. 54. The bodies we now have are weak and can die. But they will be changed into bodies that are eternal. Then the Scriptures will come true, “Death has lost the battle!
Marriage Supper of the Lamb!
I strongly believe that immediately after the rapture one the thing to follow is the marriage supper of the lamb. Revelation 19:7-10; 7 “Let us be glad and rejoice and give Him glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His wife has made herself ready.” 8. It was given to her that she would array herself in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints. 9. He said to me “Write, ‘Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.’” He said to me, “These are true words of God.”
- I fell down before His feet to worship Him. He said to me, “Look! Don’t do it! I am a fellow bondservant with your brothers who hold the testimony of Jesus. Worship God, for the testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of Prophecy.”
After the rapture of the church there will be a great tribulation on earth, which will run for a period of seven years while all believers are enjoying the Marriage Supper of the Lamb in heaven. In Matthew describes this event as follows:
The Great Tribulation!
Matthew 24:15 “Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16. “Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17. Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18. And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19. But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20. And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on Sabbath. 21. For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.
- “ Then if anyone says to you, ‘look, here is Christ!’ or’ There!’ do not believe it. 24. For false Christ and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25. See, I have told you beforehand.
- “Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or Look, He is in the inner rooms! Do not believe it. 27. For as the lightning come from the east and flashes to the west, so also the coming of the Son of Man be. 28. For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.